EUROCANPLATFORM (2011 - 2015)
EurocanPlatform is a network of excellence funded under the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7), bringing together 28 European cancer institutions and organisations to work together in a unique collaboration. The centres will share infrastructures and collaborate on projects to help advance cancer research and treatment.
The overarching aim of the project is to improve outcomes for cancer patients and reduce mortality. This will be achieved by focusing on three key areas of research: prevention, early detection and improved treatments.
EurocanPlatform will build the necessary resources and know-how to improve cancer care from bench to bedside: basic research, early and late translational research, clinical research, epidemiological research, implementation in care and population-based outcome research.
The following aims have been set for the Platform;
- harmonisation and sharing of infrastructures and competences among organisations,
- definition and coordination of specific areas for research collaboration,
- optimisation of knowledge-sharing,
- provide adequate training opportunities,
- promote mobility of researchers
- attractive for young researchers from all over the world,
- retaining European talent,
- providing strategic partnerships for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry,
- accelerating translational research for the benefit of patients.
This is the first time this collaboration has been attempted and promises real results for cancer patients across Europe.
Along with ecancer, the OECI and ECPC, ECCO is a partner for the communication and dissemination activities as well as educational activities.
For further information, visit the EurocanPlatform website: www.eurocanplatform.eu
PRINT THIS PAGE
Page last modified: